About Me

My photo
Give me a chance to send you through the world of fashion and experience the know hows, and development of the fashion industry.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 7-9

I feel like I've always worked here and that I'm not just an intern.
Wednesday 6/8
This was a fairly busy day. The day started off with a Touch Base with the lead girls designer and the other intern to discuss how our time here at Lands'End is going to run. After that all the 40 interns got together to discuss the book we're reading 'They don't Teach Corporate in College'.  I find this book to be rather interesting. It informs you of all the stuff of how to get a job that you don't learn in college. Actually I think that this book should be a part of colleges internship prep class. We also received a handout of about 30 pages of more stuff that one should know when looking into working in a corporation. When I returned back to my department I helped the boys team prepare for a meeting and learned more about CAD. The day ended with a company concert that was pretty good :) .
Thursday 6/9
This day was full of a bunch of classes. It started off with my second textiles class of stitches and seams. They gave us a handout of all the most commonly industry used stitches and seams. They also told us what were more expensive then others and what their industry number is (I forgot the term they used for it). After that class I had a class in IPLM for product development in design. We were trained in a computer lab with about 20 other people and received a handout that exceeded 100 pages. Lots and lots to study :/ . Once all of my classes were over I ended the day helping prepare for the swim wall.
Friday 6/10
YAYYYYY EARLY FRIDAY Every other week the company closes at 1:00pm of Fridays. This day went by pretty fast! Everybody was running around like mad trying to prepare for a meeting to display the colors and prints of the spring 12 line. But in between all the chaos I learned how to fill out and read a mill-sheet for prints and how to tell if a CAD print was done wrong. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment