About Me

My photo
Give me a chance to send you through the world of fashion and experience the know hows, and development of the fashion industry.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 4-6

Okay so a lot has happened and I've been to busy to write an entry.
Friday -
This was a busy day!!! The day started off with the whole kids design department welcoming me and the other kids design intern with a welcome breakfast :) . The rest of the day was filled with meetings, organizing and classes. All the design, tech. design merchandising and sourcing interns are required to learn this program called IPLM. The design and tech design interns had a class in it on friday that showed us how to use it with Adobe Illustrator. It was a little confusing, but it's okay because I will be taking a lot of these classes this summer. About half way through the day I attending a Design and Merchandising meeting discussing the best and the worst sellers from the catalog and holiday season. After that we were shown the show room for Holiday 2011. It was amazing, I wish I was able to take pictures :(
Monday -
Throughout this internship I will have 3 mentors: Senior Designer for Kids Design, Director for Kids Design and Head Boys Designer. I had a touch base with the senior designer this day and was assigned a gender to work in this summer (boys) and give my summer personal project!!! I am to design a boys fall 2012 pajama and underwear line that coordinates with my teammate who is doing girls. I'm to make all the sketches, flats, spec pack, and CAD textile prints for it. AND this is allowed to go into my portfolio!!!!! I am super excited for the project.
Tuesday -
Today was another busy day. I spent a good portion of the day pulling Color Standards and CAD prints for the boys team. I also helped with preparing a presentation for tomorrows design meeting. Soon I am going to learn how to approve a color standard in the light box for production and be able to do technical flats to be sent off to tech. design. I am really excited about that because they're FLATS LOOK AWESOME !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment